Sunday, February 12, 2012

tile DONE

Let me just say that I am so happy to have this project done!  It was one of those finishing details that we didn't really need to have done any time soon, but it's fun to see a glimpse of what our finished kitchen will be like.      
 The grouting was scary, but it turned out ok.  Mom- I will need your help with the rest, pleeease and thank you!  We ended up using a spatula to shove the grout into the small areas above the outlets and what else...my challah mixing bowl, a spatula, a wooden spoon, and a sponge.  Nothing but professional over here.  Ha!

Another project we started the other week was painting our bedroom.  Should have taken a "before" picture,  but the walls were previously white.  We decided on a slate blue-ish green-ish color.  Looks nice, but it ended up way more gray/blue than I was hoping.  Bummer.  The bottom picture shows the color I wish it looked like in real life, but the top is more accurate.  To re-paint before trim is finished or leave as is for a while.  ugh.  Oh paint, how I wish we got along better.

3 comments:

  1. The tile looks great! Repaint--you will not be satisfied until it's the color you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tile looks beautiful! And in the picture, the paint color looks pretty... but we all know it will only be so long until you can't look at it any longer, so I vote with Alisha...repaint! :) Love the tile though, seriously. Great choice :) A keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I used a Sherwin Williams paint called Hearts of Palm, #6415.

    ReplyDelete